Tiger Baseball is very familiar with the University of Louisville’s Jim Patterson Stadium, the site for tonight’s 7th Region Semifinal match-up between St. Xavier and Manual. The Tigers defeated their arch-rival, Trinity, back on April 13th on the Cardinals’ sports turf. Also, last season’s spectacular 7th Region Tournament was played at the same venue where many of this year’s Tigers contributed to two of the craziest wins in recent Tiger Sports history to win the program’s third straight regional championship.
Tonight’s first pitch is scheduled for 7:15 PM, but will be determined by the first game of the night, Trinity vs. Male which starts at 5:00 PM. The two winners of the night will face each other in the regional title game on Thursday at 5:30 PM.
For those of you on the fence about coming out tonight to support the Tigers, Pablo Sanchez has gathered some great facts about the awesome facility of the Cardinals’ in the shadows of Churchill Downs. Make your way down to Jim Patterson Stadium tonight and help cheer on the Tigers!
Jim Patterson Stadium Details
- Seating for 4,000 including 3,000 chairback seats
- Main press box with two radio booths, a television suite feature two booths, an AD suite and a development suite
- The surface is Field Turf, same as MLB Minnesota Twins and Tampa Bay Devil Rays as well as Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium
- Part of a $20-million athletic complex
- 6,400 sq. ft. terrace directly accessible above the chairback seats
- Two-tiered ground level terrace extending from the first and third base dugouts
- Lockerroom, players’ lounge, training room, equipment room, batting and pitching cages located in basement of the adjacent building
- Frazier Rehab Center and baseball offices located on the 2nd floor of the building
- Lockerroom and clubhouse attached to visiting dugout
- All areas of the park are accessible to those with disability
- Exterior construction has elements that mirror Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium
- There is a tiered berm in left field and a covered party deck
- The first eight feet of the roof supports is constructed with green brick from the left field wall at historic Parkway Field
- Dimensions: LF-330′, LC-375′, CF-402′, RC-377′, RF-330′
- State-of-the-art 30′ x 40′ LED matrix scoreboard with a 9′ x 13′ video screen
- Eight light towers with 200 separate fixtures