This evening, the Tiger Tennis team will host the Regional Tournament. The Tigers will look to advance to the state tournament again as a team as long as put as many representatives into the singles and doubles tournaments as well. Here’s how they can do that according to the KHSAA.
– From each of the 16 Regions, the KHSAA will take four singles players and four doubles teams to fill up the entire 64 bracket State Tournament.
– The champion, runner-up and other two semi-finalists in both the singles and doubles regional tournaments shall qualify for the individual State Singles and Doubles Tournaments (top 4 finishers from each region).
– There is a 64-place tournament bracket for each of the Boys’ Singles, Girls’ Singles, Boys’ Doubles and Girls’ Doubles. (256 slots to be filled)
– Tennis is also a Team sport and the KHSAA wants to recognize the Team Champions along with the Singles and Doubles Champions.
– The regional winning team shall advance to team section play to be held the Saturday prior to the State Tournament. The Sectional winning teams (4 Boys and 4 Girls) will advance to the semi finals to be played at the Boone Tennis Center at the University of Kentucky.
– This concept will allow approximately 50 more student athletes to participate in the KHSAA State Tennis Tournament Championships!