Game Notes | Tiger Football vs. Central
For the second time this year, Tiger Football played on the road this past Friday night. This time, they squared off against the Central Yellowjackets. St. X came out on top 42-7, so let’s take a closer look at how the game unfolded:
- The Tigers opened the game in the best way possible. Senior Cameron Garrett returned the opening kickoff 80+ yards for a touchdown. This is the first special teams TD of the year for St. X.
- To add onto the special teams TD, the defense also found the endzone. Near the end of the first half, the Jackets were pinned deep in their own territory. The ball was then fumbled and bounced around until Andrew Uhls fell on it in the endzone.
- Overall, the defense played extremely well. They had 2 takeaways to add to their already impressive season total and scored a TD for the 2nd straight game. They were also very close to logging a shutout for the first time this year, but Central scored on the final play of the game.
- The offense came out slow but ultimately picked up some steam as the game progressed. The rushing attack produced 3 TDs: one each from Metzmeier, Moretti, and Seger.
- The offense focused more on running the ball, but Albers still threw for 1 TD. He connected with junior Jack Varga in the redzone for the score.
Coach Wolford’s squad is on the road again this Friday against PRP. Get to the game!