Three St.X Runners set to compete in Friday’s Dream Mile
Tomorrow night at 8:30, apart from the Oaks and Derby, another premier racing event will be held in the state of Kentucky. No it will not take place at Churchill Downs, but our very own St. Xavier High School, and no there will not be horses. Rather, there will be three of our student-athletes from the Tiger Track and Field team who will compete in the Dream Mile.
The Dream Mile is an annual event held at St.X that pits the Top 16 Girls and Boys one milers in the state of Kentucky against one another, making it the best race in the state and one of the best in the nation.
This year, the eight annual Dream Mile features three of St.X’s own one milers, the most by one school in the field. Here’s a look at the full lineup and seed times for the boys:
- Yared Nuguse (Manual, 4:14.33)
- Trevor Warren (Trinity, 4:22.46)
- Grady Shiflet (St. Xavier, 4:23.10)
- Alex Mortimer (Tates Creek, 4:23.12)
- Keeton Thornsberry (Holy Cross, 4:24.31)
- 6. Dylan Allen (Male, 4:25.38)
- Logan Greco (Meade County, 4:25.82)
- Austin Matthews (Paul Dunbar, 4:25.93)
- Alex McCarty (North Oldham, 4:26.35)
- Cooper Marchal (St. Xavier, 4:28.41)
- Josiah Harp (Central Hardin, 4:28.58)
- Spencer Carman (Lexington Catholic, 4:29.15)
- Jacob Burnham (Trinity, 4:29.30)
- Ryan Guenthner (St. Xavier, 4:29.46)
- Luke Spurrier (South Warren, 4:30.68)
- Garrett Hadaway (Oldham County, 4:30.74).
Good luck to all these guys and Go Tigers!
Posted on May 4, 2017, in Tiger Track and Field, WSTX Sports and tagged Cooper Marchal, Dream Mile, Grady Shiftlet, Matthew Thomas, Ryan Guenthner, William Mulloy. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.