Absolutely Massive Super Saturday today!
For the second weekend in a row, there is a massive slate of games and events for Tiger Sports’ teams before us. This may be the biggest group of games we have ever had in one day since the creation of the WSTX Sports Network. Every single spring sports team is in action today! That may also be a first! Let’s get a run down of today’s games and events:
- The Tiger Tennis team travels to Nashville to take on Carter High School all day long.
- Day 2 of the KHSAA Bass Fishing State Championship started at 7:00 AM at Kentucky Lake early this morning. Good luck to our representatives from St. Xavier, David Brewer and Brent Sturgeon!
- The weight room will be filled today with the Iron Tiger Powerlifting Competition running from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. This is the big event for all of the Tiger Power Lifters as they look to make it onto the big board of St. X power lifting greats with a max good enough to be the best in their weight class.
- Tiger Volleyball has another busy day as they play both JV and Varsity Quad Matches at 9:00 AM.
- The Tiger Track and Field team has one of its biggest meets of the year as they travel to University of Louisville Cardinal Park to participate in the Eastern Relays.
- The Varsity Tiger Baseball team plays in the Louisville Invitational Tournament this weekend. Their first game of the LIT is against visiting Paducah Tilghman at 10:00 AM, then at 3:00 PM vs. Manual. Both games are at home at Mueller Field.
- Tiger Lacrosse hosts Zionsville for a double header. JV plays at 11:00 AM at Br. Thomas More Stadium and Varsity follows them at 12:30 PM. The Green Team travels to Eastern to play at 3:00 PM as well.
- Tiger Rugby rounds out the day with two games. The B side plays Moeller at 4:30 PM at Br. Thomas More Stadium, then the A side caps off the day with a match against the Crusaders of Moeller at 6:00 PM.
If you can, try and make it out to any of these exciting events today, but if not, as always WSTX Sports will have coverage all day long on Twitter.
Posted on April 26, 2014, in Tiger Baseball, Tiger Bass Fishing, Tiger Football, Tiger Lacrosse, Tiger Power Lifting, Tiger Rugby, Tiger Tennis, Tiger Track and Field, Tiger Volleyball and tagged Super Saturday. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.